Am The Worst Cook
I can be the worst cook I personally know , I have done so many dumb things and messed up the food I was making , no body dared to touch my plates , not even the eggs I fried. To be honest I lost hope in making good food .
One day my sister walked me through a recipe to make chicken curry and I made some good food and if you scroll down you find my recipe Cooking For Dummies ,Spicy Stuffed MushroomsJump to Recipe
Any one can Cook
Cooking isn’t really that hard , but it kinda is !! I mean the you burn the veggies while frying them , you add too much salt and a little bit of extra flower while the cream is boiling can make every clogy and disgusting .
But you manage somehow and maybe pull it out in the end to a not very bad dish , or actually a good one !! .
its a learning process and you by the third time you gain your own way of cooking , and you own techniques 😎 , am not a master chief ,they still don’t prefer my cooking for our meals , HOWEVER with the simple things my big sister taught me I think I can manage any recipe !!
Believe it or not its almost the same with everything , ALMOST … not really but most mediterranean food is made the same way , ok that not true , but that’s how I cook , and am gonna teach my fellow dummies how to cook , and boost their self esteem because guess what ?! ANY ONE CAN COOK .
I found stuffed mushroom as appetizers in turkey while traveling , I was tempted to try it , since I Love trying food , but it wasn’t really my type , I was expecting more from the dish , and I really thought mushrooms can have more than just spinach and cheese .
I looked up many recipes , I tried making stuffed mushrooms before (blindly because am a curious child and cooking is kinda an experiment and the kitchen is free style laboratory ) and made the biggest mistake in the world by cooking the mushroom first , and looked for combinations that people tried , I basically did a mini research and then asked myself what I want the flavor to be , and lord I would love some creamy spicy potatoes in it !!
And guys , if I can make it , you can make it even better !! it was fun to make and yummy to eat ! if you think this recipe can be better please let me know in the comments and I will try it out !
Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
- Gas cooker
- 5 pieces Portobello Mushrooms
- 3 cups Bachamel Sauce
- 4 pieces Red tomatoes
- 2 pieces Green spicy Chillies
- 1 clove Garlic
- 4 pieces Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomatoe Paste
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 cup Cilantro
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Start by removing the stem from your mushrooms and making space for the stuffing by removing some of the mushroom meat by a spoon ( CAUTION : be careful not to dig too deep into your mushroom and make a hole )
- cut the potato into cubes and stir fry them in olive oil until they are half cooked ( TIP : Use a non stick pan , heat the oil before adding the potatoes , and dont leave the potatoes and go somewhere els , dont lose focus )
- cut the rest of the veggies into small pieces , specially the tomatoes because you are going to make a sauce out of it and you don't want any chunks ( Tip : poke the tomatoes and choose the readest and most softest of the bundle you have , they are perfect for sauces )
- start by frying the garlic and the chili pepper until their smell is vibrant , then add the tomatoes into them , stir them every now and then ( be careful not to burn them i tend to do that alot !! )
- Add the spices when the tomatoes start looking mushy , stir them for some time more and then cover them with a led for five minutes till the tomatoes are like a paste
- After the five minutes are over add tomatoe paste and stir a bit more till it homogenises
- Add the potatoes and stir them till they are fully cooked ( Tip : Poke the potatoes to now if they are done or not )
- sweep a butter cube over the oven tray , place the mushrooms and stuff them with spicy potatoes , and then pour the béchamel sauce over them until they are full
- top the mushrooms with mozzarella cheese and place in the oven for 15 minutes on full duty